TX Group is the shareholder of some of Switzerland's most well known Digital Brands, including 20min, Tamedia, JobCloud (jobs.ch), Homegate, Tutti, Ricardo, Doodle or Zattoo. The combined audience on web and mobile represents about 40% of the measured Internet traffic in Switzerland. As such TX Group plays an active role in supporting and guiding these companies to further success.
Our world-class digital ecosystem for journalism includes websites, apps, and our own journalistic content management system, Unity, which is the heart of content creation and distribution for Switzerland’s largest private news media businesses. Our digital products allow over 1,000 journalists to deliver the news to around 4 million readers a day. We are looking for someone to join us as a
Requirements Engineer, Publishing Technology
We need you to help us take vague ideas and transform them into a great product experience. To do this, you will work as a bridge between journalists, product owners, software engineering teams, and others. You will understand and capture the intent of an idea and evolve it to a set of feature requirements, potentially impacting the Unity CMS system, the websites, and the apps.
In this role, you will:
- work together with journalists to understand their editorial workflows and needs
- work together with the product owners of websites and apps for a wide range of daily and weekly newspapers and magazines, in support of the reader experience
- work together with the software engineering teams of Unity, the websites, and the apps to identify impact of changes
- capture and develop requirements from our main stakeholders, and transform these into clear and complete requirements, which can be understood by the engineering teams who will build solutions.
- create user workflows, wireframes, prototypes and visual aids to bridge the gap from technical understanding to actual implementation
- shape the product to establish the best user experience for our journalists and editors
- apply your conceptual understanding of interactive screen design / UX principles
Join us if you want to
- be part of a self-driven, inspired team that is on a mission
- work in a start-up-like environment with short decision paths and the opportunity to bring in your spirit and ideas
- have a lot of room for taking the initiative and having a big impact on results
- join a company that values personal improvement and will support you in expanding your knowledge with courses and conferences
- work in the heart of Zurich and wherever you work best - if you like, you can work remotely part of the time, also in a post-COVID future
You will be a good fit, if you have
- experience as a requirements engineer, business analyst, architect, or software engineer
- a good conceptual and analytical approach, and the ability to describe requirements in a way that others can understand
- a welcoming “can-do” attitude, with a constant readiness to listen and understand
- some experience creating flow diagrams or other representations of system behavior
- an affinity for wireframing / prototyping, and ideally, experience with user research and UX methods and tools like Adobe XD, Sketch, Zeplin.io
- business fluency in English (required) - German and French are also an advantage
Come help us shape the digital future of journalism!
Agencies: please note that we do not accept unsolicited applications from third - party agencies