TX Group is the leading private media group in Switzerland. The company was founded in 1893 and today employs a staff of approximately 3,400 in Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg and Serbia. It has been traded at the Swiss stock exchange since 2000.
TX Group is the shareholder of some of Switzerland's most well known Digital Brands, including 20min, JobCloud (jobs.ch), Homegate, Tutti, Ricardo, Doodle or Zattoo. The combined audience on web and mobile represents about 40% of the measured Internet traffic in Switzerland. As such TX Group plays an active role in supporting and guiding these companies to further success.
The Business Analytical Services (BAS) Team provides our internal customers with tools and data-driven insights to take their business and product development to the next level. We serve TX-Group companies and central units which means we get to work with some of Switzerland's biggest brands, ranging from publishing to digital platforms to advertising.
We are an established team of young, dedicated people who are ready to help, support, solve problems, coordinate, develop, create, research and grow. Our team is split between our offices in Zurich and Belgrade so we also try to make sure to create opportunities for face-time - the real one, not just the video calls. We have a lot to do and we can use some extra help.
Technical BI Analyst
- Consult internal business stakeholders about BI/Analytics solutions and interfaces to other applications
- Evaluate and improve the processes around implementation and use of BI/Analytics
- Proactively identify changes needed in the application lifecycle and make recommendations for improvements
- Take over project management tasks like effort estimation and budgeting
- Keep the team synchronized with up to date information about business and technological developments and possible future chances and challenges
- Understand available data and suggest ways to enhance the data strategy to achieve business objectives
- Bring the relationships with our end users to the next level, e.g. through trainings, workshops and regular exchanges
- 4+ years of working experience as a BI / Analytics Consultant or similar position
- Extensive experience with BI tools in a corporate environment, preferably PowerBI
- Experience working in SQL with the ability of incorporating business logic into ad-hoc queries
- Advanced knowledge of BI cloud architecture
- Experience with predictive models is a plus
- Able to multitask, deal with complexity on a frequent basis including advanced analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Experience working with various levels of stakeholders including top management to manage expectations and escalate issues/risks
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent in English and German is a must.
- Agile project management skills
- Problem-solving can-do attitude with curiosity to explore new solutions
- Strong team orientation but also able to work independently
- BSc/MSc in Business/Business IT/IT or equivalent experience
- A great heterogeneous team with different interests and skills, that enjoys working together
- Flexible working hours and home-office possibilities
- We value personal improvement and support you in expanding your knowledge with courses and conferences
- A yearly internal conference (https://conf.tx.group/) in Zurich, with international keynote speakers and an opportunity for you to learn how other teams work and show off your own successes and experiences
- Travel opportunities to our satellite office in Belgrade, where we like to meet regularly for collaboration, events and off-sites
- Your Laptop of choice and a standing desk at our HQ, located in the center of Zurich
- On-site canteen